About the IoCF
Aims & Objectives
To promote awareness of this important choice for bereaved families. The IoCF Memorandum of Association states that the Institute of Civil Funerals has the following objectives:
- To promote the further education and specialist knowledge of Funeral Celebrants through training courses and seminars.
- To quality control the work of members.
- To deal with complaints and suggestions from members, the public and outside organisations.
- To organise annual conferences to facilitate networking and sharing of experiences, with workshops and talks to extend knowledge.
- To operate the Civil Funeral Celebrants' Forum.
- To promote Civil Funerals to funeral directors and the public